cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Management Control : ERS5900 Basic Device Endpoint Profiling

Extreme Management Control : ERS5900 Basic Device Endpoint Profiling

joshhunter
New Contributor

Hello, I have EMC + Control up and running; I have ERS5900 on 7.7.1 for Application Telemetry. 

What are the steps required for Endpoint visibility profiling such as Device A with MAC Address, Operating System MacOS etc.

Do you need to utilise AAA 802.1x or does the switch support some device sensor feature/end point probes to send via RADIUS Accounting.  What does the monitoring configuration look like?

4 REPLIES 4

joshhunter
New Contributor

I have got the Analytics working, at least the sFlow portion.

With the ERS switches you do not see anything in the Flow sources or Application Telemetry sources (in my screen shot above)  to add. I presume this configuration section is only for newer supported switches that XMC can automatically program. I believe this is in the road map to include ERS 4900/5900 but not at the moment.

Thanks

joshhunter
New Contributor

Hi Paul, I added the Sflow and App-telemetry commands but it doesn't show or available to add in EMC. 

Upgraded to 8.4.1.24 but still no joy. 

3160ca8c0cb84c20aa66c874ded48a71_481b2d3f-4f57-422d-8e07-2a828c619366.png

joshhunter
New Contributor

Hi Paul, Thanks for your quick response in regards to the Analytics piece for ERS4900/5900.

I’m still a little unsure about the Control element, put simply, we want visibility at this stage of devices on the network rather than the full 802.1x AAA Wired control at this stage. 

Do we still have to implement the above in a monitor only mode? I presume the configuration can not be provisioned to the switch like you stated for Analytics.

Thanks

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

VOSS/VSPs and EXOS switches auto provision the App Telemetry once they are discovered and imported into XMC - Analytics.    

However, for now ERS require a manual configuration .

Reference the config guide under the APP TELEMETRY chapter on how to configure the ERS4900/5900.  ….Its only a couple of lines…...

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/ERS_Series/ERS49005900/SW/77x/9035787_ConfigSysMonERS49005...

EDIT:  ERS support is somewhat recent so you also need to be running XMC 8.3 or higher.  8.4.1.24 is the newest version, I would go there.

GTM-P2G8KFN