Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeAnalytics - No data on dashboard/browser

ExtremeAnalytics - No data on dashboard/browser

gerivives
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue with ExtremeAnalytics where the application flows tab is populated but the dashboard/browser tabs do not show any information on the current state of the network, as if the flows were not being processed for visualization.

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-09 131557.png

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-09 131617.png

I have already checked the docs, as well as all related posts here to no avail. Here is a breakdown of the steps I have followed:

1. Ensured the time is well configured and synchronized both in the SE and Analytics VMs.
  2. Added the switch I want to gather insights from in the Applications telemetry sources tab.
  3. Tried with Dynamic thresholding both enabled and disabled.
  4. Removed all tracked applications and sites to make sure that all of them are analyzed.
  5. Let several hours go by to make sure there were no delays in processing.

These are all the steps recommended to other users experiencing similar problems. What may I have overlooked?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hello,

Can you check that you have configured endpoint locations with the subnet range you're tracking?

XIQ-SE --> Network --> Click on the Site --> Endpoint Locations

Also, please check out the following article on troubleshooting: 
https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082115

Do you see data under the "Application Flows" tab? Does it have application and network response times?

Thanks
-Ryan

Ryan,

I have followed the steps in the troubleshooting guide and everything LGTM. The ACLs for ingress/egress telemetry are configured, as well as SFlow for all ports with a sample rate of 1024. The collector is set to the the Analytics Engine IP on port 6343. 

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-09 160626.png

As for the site, there is currently only one site configured (/World) for demo purposes. All the switches are configured to be in this site too. You can see that flows are actually being extracted and fingerprinted, as the services that appear there match with the connections being established. The network and application response times are also displayed (although not for all flows).

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-09 160742.png

I am wondering if there is a minimum requirement on the number of network devices / endpoints to populate the dashboard. Currently, one switch and endpoint are being used.

Thanks in advance,

Up! Has anyone els encountered this issue? If not, I will open a TAC case and post the solution here.

Gerard

GTM-P2G8KFN