Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabric Manager - Issues

Fabric Manager - Issues

Tiago_Molinos
New Contributor II

Hi all!

I've installed Fabric Manager and it seems that I cannot get it to draw the complete topology. It only shows a small subset of my Fabric Enabled devices.

I've checked the logs and found out that Fabric Manager is using invalid credentials to query the switches.

On the Operations Log I can see several errors on the Fabric Connect Discovery. It fails with "Bad Community Strings/Agent is down/Network is slow/Unknown Error".

At the same time I get SNMP Traps from the devices themselves saying "Incorrect Community Name" and rcnaAuthenticationFailure.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks to you all in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You no longer use the Fabric Topology options as you had in the past. That option will be removed in a future build. The Fabric Manager functionality has been built directly into the XIQ-SE Maps function. Create a MAP w/ Fabric enabled devices and it should draw both regular links and Fabric links. You can then choose to show either or both as part of the map.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Tiago_Molinos
New Contributor II

Hi all!

I'm using XIQ-SE 23.11.11.9 (I think it's the latest available version.

I deployed the Fabric Manager appliance v. 22.9.13.5 mostly because of the note:

"Fabric Manager version 22.09.13.5 is compatible with ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine version 23.11. If you are running a previous version of Fabric Manager, upgrade your deployment to Fabric Manager 22.09.13.5 for use with ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine version 23.11."

Anyway if the features are embedded in XIQ-SE I cannot find them. If I go to the "Fabric Topology" option, it used to say that I needed Fabrica Manager to access the tab.

Long story short, how can I draw a fabric topology map? I would like to visualize where my different I-SIDs are present within the network. I can get a clear vision on where all the VLANs are, but since we switched to a Fabric Connect + Fabric Attach deployment I lost the capability to visualise this. Ex: I can see VLANs on the edge, but they are not present on distribution or core layers.

Thanks for your help! I guess I'll be deleting the Fabric Mgr. Appliance very soon... 

You no longer use the Fabric Topology options as you had in the past. That option will be removed in a future build. The Fabric Manager functionality has been built directly into the XIQ-SE Maps function. Create a MAP w/ Fabric enabled devices and it should draw both regular links and Fabric links. You can then choose to show either or both as part of the map.

Well, there is actually a very subtle diference between regular links and Fabric Connect links. By design they are very much overlapping, so it's not a very valuable representation from my point of view...

I consider valuable to have a "live" representation of your I-SIDs and their presence in the infrastructure. Specially because they are dynamic. Am I wrong?

XTRMUser
Contributor

Not being an expert, this sounds like the community strings in FM and your switches are not the same. 

GTM-P2G8KFN