Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Port VLan info in a specific table format

Get Port VLan info in a specific table format

CSchneider-Weic
New Contributor

Hello,

We are making or documentation in a special table format which looks like this for example

Port 02 05 50 70
1 u t t t
2 u      
3   u    
4     t t
5     u  
6   u t  
7   u t t
8   t    
9   t    
10       u

The first column gives the port Number. The next columns are titled with the VLAN IDs existing on the switch. The Content of the rows “u” and “t” indicates if the port is untagged or tagged in the VLAN. If ithe port is neither untagged or tagged the cell stays empty.

Is there a easy way to get this table automatically generated from EMC? I tried my best with Flex Views but was not able to make a table like that.

Kind regards

Christoph Schneider

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Christioph,

there are many possibilities in FelxViews, but I think you can’t achieve exactly that.

I recommend to write a Python script in the XMC. XMC takes care of the login and authentication at the switches, so you can concentrate on reading the VLAN and port information you need.

Afterwards you can format the VLAN information using Python, e.g. with print or with the module pprint (stands for pretty print).
With this module you can easily create the formatting and send it by email or save it as a file in the file system.

Best regards

Stephan Harrer

Regards Stephan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CSchneider-Weic
New Contributor

Hello Stephan,

thanks for the awnser

thanks for the answer. I will give it an try.

Kind regards

Christoph Schneider

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Christioph,

there are many possibilities in FelxViews, but I think you can’t achieve exactly that.

I recommend to write a Python script in the XMC. XMC takes care of the login and authentication at the switches, so you can concentrate on reading the VLAN and port information you need.

Afterwards you can format the VLAN information using Python, e.g. with print or with the module pprint (stands for pretty print).
With this module you can easily create the formatting and send it by email or save it as a file in the file system.

Best regards

Stephan Harrer

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN