Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Governance Engine

Governance Engine

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

are there more informations available.

I'd see the product in the price list and the webpage shows only the datasheet with some marketing yada yada.

Is that only a license for EMC or another VM server ... what do I need to test this and is it available now, is there a trial license.

Thx,
Ron
15 REPLIES 15

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
You can delete the old eval license and place there new eval license.

The easiest way I use is to delete the file from the license directory (I hope I remember it well: /usr/local/Extreme Networks/Netsight/license/)

if there are more licenses there is license hierarchy = eval does have the highest precedense, the next is ADV the next is full the last is BASE.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
OK the eval license is installed on my lab system and I'd access the tab - more on my test results in the next topic.

AFAIK I'd only install one EMC eval license = I've installed a eval license last year on the customers EMC so he'd test NAC, right now the eval license is expired and the permanent license is active.

Q: Is it correct that I can't install another eval license in that case, if yes how could the customer test this new function or other new functions in the feature that require a separate license.

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
The IGE is part of EMC installation = no special VM is needed.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Eval license does give you governance engine. You can apply eval license over the permanent license and all features will be unlocked = including IGE. Regards Z.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Ronald,

Sure , we will wait for your response,

Thanks,
Suresh.B
GTM-P2G8KFN