Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Governance Engine

Governance Engine

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

are there more informations available.

I'd see the product in the price list and the webpage shows only the datasheet with some marketing yada yada.

Is that only a license for EMC or another VM server ... what do I need to test this and is it available now, is there a trial license.

Thx,
Ron
15 REPLIES 15

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Thx, so I'd need a license to see the tab - makes sense.

I'm running EMC 8.0.2.42 with a NMS-ADV-U Cloud WLAN license and will try to load a trial license.
I'll keep you posted on the results.

Cheers,
Ron

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Ronald,

Please find below details,

How to Obtain and Apply a Governance License in Management CenterTo use the Governance tab in Management Center, an additional license is required.

To obtain and apply the license in Management Center:

1. Contact your sales representative to purchase an IGE (Information Governance Engine) license. An email voucher is generated and sent to you with instructions.

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Ronald,

If i go into below option and click on help i could see few details as below.

Extreme Management Center > Extreme Management Center Tabs > Governance > Governance DashboardThe Governance > Dashboard tab provides an overview of your audit test results performed over time on the devices in your network.

Use the drop-down menus at the top of the tab to select the regime and the date and time of the governance audit to view the results in the tab.

Thanks,

Suresh.B

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
i can see below details as well.

NOTE: Governance tab functionality requires you to acquire an additional license.

Thanks,
Suresh.B

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Suresh,

I'm talking about the Information Governance Engine......
https://cloud.kapostcontent.net/pub/aabffb29-e3ae-4a86-8da7-914f66868612/information-governance-engi...

I'd like to test it in my lab but see no information how that system works = is it a part of EMC and I need only another license or is that a dedicated VM that tx information to EMC.

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN