cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Guest Network Registration: How do I include the guest telephone number in the email notification to the sponsor?

Guest Network Registration: How do I include the guest telephone number in the email notification to the sponsor?

GregV
New Contributor
Editing the text of the email notification to the sponsor includes %useremail% %fullname% etc.
What variable references the telephone number the guest supplies on the guest registration form?
I'd like to include this phone number in the sponsor request email, so the sponsor has the option of calling or sending an SMS to the guest once approved.
2 REPLIES 2

GregV
New Contributor
Thought that may be the case. In the meantime I'm using Joseph's guide on how to auto-refresh the 'awaiting sponsorship' page - https://community.extremenetworks.com/extrememanagement-230297/how-to-force-pendingaccess-to-refresh-automatically-for-sponsored-guests-6820168

Rodney_Lacroix
Extreme Employee
Hi Greg,

As you noted, the sponsor email is controlled by the Message String, sponsorEmailMsgBody, which you can modify via the message strings editor.

Unfortunately there is no substitution key for a User's Phone Number on this form. This would require a code change.

I'll put in a feature request for it for a future release, but unfortunately it's something that is not available currently.
GTM-P2G8KFN