Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High CPU in SNMP Process

High CPU in SNMP Process

Nico_Willamowsk
New Contributor III
Hello,

I have the following Problem. I disable and want to enable MAC Auth with Policy Manager. Since this I had a high CPU with 100%. It is possible to kill only the SNMP Process, so that i did not reboot the whole Slot. The Problem is only at one Slot in S8 Chassis.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

JAMES_WIEDEL
New Contributor II
Nico,
It would be very interesting if this happens again to put a sniffer on the net (maybe use wireshark or something equivalent) and see what kind of traffic is going to the switch management address. If the only thing talking to the switch is NetSight, then you might check to see if NetSight is doing some kind of configuration dump of the switch.
Is your switch management on its own VLAN or is it mixed in with user traffic?
James

Nico_Willamowsk
New Contributor III
Hello James,

thank you. I stop and restart the NetSight Server. This doesn´t helps. But after approximately 15 minutes, cpu load was normal. I also had the Problem again yesterday with a S3 Chassis. But now all works fine.

Brgds Nico

JAMES_WIEDEL
New Contributor II
Nico,
The only time I've ever seen this on an S-Series device is then there was a LOT of traffic and an external network management system was beating on the switch. I assume that packets were being dropped due to load and the network management system was being somewhat stupid and re-requesting the data at a high rate instead of backing off. Shutting off the polling by the external network management system temporarily fixed the issue.
If that isn't the case, then a slot reboot is the only fix as far as I know.
James

GTM-P2G8KFN