cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to Create XOS Config Template with Inventory Manager ?

How to Create XOS Config Template with Inventory Manager ?

M_Nees
Contributor III
we are using Config Templates within Netsight Inventory Manager (IM) for Enterasys Switches for a long time to get running a switch very quickly.

So we want now using the pretty new X450-G2 Switches - XOS V16.1. All works perfect - including the config backup with IM.

But how can i create a config template for XOS fixed switches? If try to create a config template i will see only the XML format of the config not the normal ascii format.

57795848cb99443a8870947c3b4553ab_RackMultipart20150729-31117-huk8zd-XOS-Config-Template_inline.jpg

How can i import the ascii based Config as a valid template ?
16 REPLIES 16

M_Nees
Contributor III
Now just 1 year later - Netsight 6.4 is now ExtremeControlCenter V7.0 - i am looking for the feature to use a existing EXOS Configuration Backup in Netsight as a Config Template for other new EXOS Switches. Where i can change a handful of parameters via Variables like Inventory Manager can do this for EOS the years before.

But to my bad surprise i dont find any hints in the release notes that V7.0 will bring this new functionality!

Do i oversee something ? Currently i have a new customer how want to use that!

Regards

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
This is a great post. I too tried to use the template option but was shot down by the html format. I dont understand why it cant give us the option to different formats as inventory manager keeps the config 3 different ways.

I guess March will be here before we know it.

Thanks for the info

M_Nees
Contributor III
GTAC tell me that there is no chance to import an based ascii config for XOS switches.
But next NetSight (6.4) will contain a promising new feature.

So wait and see ....

Tom_Currier
Extreme Employee
Matthias;

The GTAC will track this under the new case you created on-line and will reference the older case as needed to move forward. The configuration template feature is listed in the NetSight 6.3 Release Notes as a supported feature on the Summit switches and we will investigate this further and respond via the case.

Thank you,

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi Steff,

your right with Netsight V6.3 nothing have changed - GTAC Case 01141249. I have tried to reopen this case, but no response from GTAC!

Regards

GTM-P2G8KFN