cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to Create XOS Config Template with Inventory Manager ?

How to Create XOS Config Template with Inventory Manager ?

M_Nees
Contributor III
we are using Config Templates within Netsight Inventory Manager (IM) for Enterasys Switches for a long time to get running a switch very quickly.

So we want now using the pretty new X450-G2 Switches - XOS V16.1. All works perfect - including the config backup with IM.

But how can i create a config template for XOS fixed switches? If try to create a config template i will see only the XML format of the config not the normal ascii format.

57795848cb99443a8870947c3b4553ab_RackMultipart20150729-31117-huk8zd-XOS-Config-Template_inline.jpg

How can i import the ascii based Config as a valid template ?
16 REPLIES 16

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Matthias

There are a few ways to do this I find the easiest is just to telnet to the switch and disable the CLI paging then do a show config and capture the config.

Disable clip
show configuration

once that is done you will have a text copy of all of the changes you made. this can then be saved as a text file with the .xsh extension that allows you to load it to other switches and run it as a script. Since it is a script you can also use variables so that you don't have to make changes all the way through the file.

If you want to upload the file you can do it two ways. 1 using the upload command and the 2) the TFTP command The upload command saves the configuration as a text file the TFTP command saves it as XML

Let me know if this helps or if you have more questions

Thanks
P

M_Nees
Contributor III
Do this nobody tried before ?
GTM-P2G8KFN