cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to discover network devices with Management Center 7?

How to discover network devices with Management Center 7?

Jesse_Ohlsson
New Contributor II
How do I discover my network devices with Management Center 7.0? Older versions of NetSight Console had a feature in which I could define an IP address range, select a type of discovery (ICMP or SNMP), enter SNMP credentials to use and find every device within that IP address range that would respond.

The legacy apps, such as Console, are going to be deprecated, and are no longer supported.

How do I do this same task using Management Center?

Thanks, Jess
7 REPLIES 7

thank you for the feedback.Ronald. As we migrate from the java clients to the web UI we also need to optimize the help to support this. Working on this for the next release of Extreme Management Center.

Thanks for the link but I'd need to say I'd never been able to find it by myself.... I've tried.
I've searched for "device discovery" which linked me to "how to discover a device" which was the help article for the legacy discovery tool and that didn't included a link to the new EMC GUI feature.

So looks like I'd need a help for the help 

Nispel__Markus
Extreme Employee
Jess, you find this under network/devices/sites - it allows ranges, seed etc. compared to former versions you can also schedule it (recurring). sites allow you to discover and map to a hierarchy and then leverage ZTP+ to provide initial configuration. a series of steps are combined within the sites tabs discovered devices show up in the network/discover tab Hope this helps Markus
GTM-P2G8KFN