cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to get a list of unused ports with Extreme Management Center ?

How to get a list of unused ports with Extreme Management Center ?

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm using Extreme Management Center version 8.1.4.40 with base licence. I'm looking for a way to get a listing of unused port for the last 1 year.
I configured a daily task to collect "capacity planning" data but I'm stuck in the generation of a report like Ridgeline software did previously. And the "Capacity Planning" menu in Extreme Management Center's Dashborad just show a red disk indicating 100% not collected...

For the moment, I try to check on demand, device per device, but I loose a lot of time and if the device has rebooted less than 1 year ago then I can't get a useful report.

All my switches are running ExtremeXOS (from version 12.x to the last 22.x).

Does anybody know a way to perfom this ?

Regards,
Romain M.
7 REPLIES 7

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
I found this kind of lines in the server.log of my Extreme Management Center :
168087468 2018-09-10T13:21:10UTC Inventory Server.4.Event r.mercier Inventory Server 172.31.0.229 Archive Save Archive Save Capacity Planning: (172.31.0.229) Version Stamp: Sep 10, 2018 3:15:00 PM - Warning - The ability to archive configuration files for this device has been disabled. :I checked the gtacknoledge site : https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Unable-to-archive-configuration-error-Th...

On my server, this device is set on script for both firmware and configuration download MIB.
This device is a stack of summit x440. And configuration archiving works well.

Could this be a license restriction ?

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
Thank you Jeff.
That's the command I use. The problem with this command is that it gives the state since the last reboot of the device so you have to take care of the uptime of the device.

I'm wondering if I should enable snmp traps for ports UP/DOWN so Extreme Management Center will have get this information to generate the Capacity Planning ?

Jeff_Roberts
New Contributor
This command may be helpful - it gives a history of link up/ link down for a port.

show port info detail | inc Port:|Link\sState:|Link\sUps:|Link\sDowns:
GTM-P2G8KFN