cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see a stack devices on Netsight Console.

How to see a stack devices on Netsight Console.

Rey_Juan_Carlos
Contributor
We have a problem with devices Enterasys C5 on Stack. We would like to see every device C5 on Stack with Inventory Manager.
Now Inventory Mngr only show every Stack like a unique device, but we need to see all devices on Stack.
Any Idea?

Thanks for all.
7 REPLIES 7

Rey_Juan_Carlos
Contributor
Ok, thanks a lot, We'll have to try it.
Now we are out of office.

Bob_Maheu
New Contributor
Viewing the Custom Attributes would be the best way to see the information from the additional stack members. You can set the asset tag field for the stack 'entity' itself, but you cannot assign it for the individual members of the stack. To set this select the General tab and fill in the Asset Tag field. Click the Save button. You will get a failure to write to device error (this would work for an N/S/K). For the stacks this will be stored in NetSight and is not written to the switch. You will also not see the asset tag in Custom Attributes as we read the following OID from the switch to populate that field: entPhysicalAssetID=1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.15

James_A
Valued Contributor
Ahh, and the equivalent config command is "set physical assetid". So I guess my feature request is to support this on stackables.

James_A
Valued Contributor
If you view the custom attributes of a device you can see all the switches in a stack. They even have an asset tag field, but I haven't worked out how to edit it yet.
GTM-P2G8KFN