Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support of SNMP Traps of Enterasys Appliances

Support of SNMP Traps of Enterasys Appliances

Michael_Kirchne
Contributor
Hi,

I would like to request the support SNMP Traps of Appliances. For example if one of the redundant power supplies of a NAC Appliance (e.g. NAC-A-20) fails. But not just real hardware. I experienced some problems with the virtual NAC Gateways when there were some problems with the storage. So the NAC Gateway switched to Read Only and could not update configuration ort CRLs which can cause big problems.

To avoid problems and to build a sustainable network it is necessary to include the hardware in the NetSight monitoring.

This FR references the problem: https://community.enterasys.com/enterasys/topics/nac_a_20_snmp_alert_if_reduntant_power_supply_fails

Best Regards
Michael
9 REPLIES 9

Michael_Kirchne
Contributor
Dear Extreme Team,

are there any news regarding this issue/idea? There is really a need for it.

Hi Kurt,

thanks!

My customer could verify this 🙂

6dcd6c540fc344cdb5401cb5806cf830_RackMultipart20141118-16793-t5cp09-alert_inline.png

Thanks for solving 🙂

Regards
Michael

Hi Michael,

this has been added in NetSight 6.1. IPMI events are generated and forwarded to NetSight for events of types: Fan, Power, Temperature, Voltage, Memory, Current, and Processor

Virtual appliances will not generate IPMI events, neither will Windows NetSight servers, or software installs. Only the 64-bit Appliances will.

To generate an IPMI event, you can unplug or plug in one of the redundant power supplies.

Cheers
Kurt

Hi Tamera,

this post in 10 months old - any news regarding this (urgent) topic?

Best Regards
Michael
GTM-P2G8KFN