cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to make AP out of Service Alarm show the AP name in Netsight?

Is there a way to make AP out of Service Alarm show the AP name in Netsight?

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
Currently the AP out of Service Alarm only identifies the AP's serial number within the Alarm entry in Netsight. We use the string "Device: $alarmSourceName Access Point" to identify the AP name for our Email alerts, but is there a way to get the alarm to show the AP name within Netsight? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
EDIT: I completely missed your original question. You want to know how to make this show up *in Netsight*. So disregard this answer. Sorry. 🙂

I have found that a lot of the fields come back empty. The AP name variable is $alarmSourceName.

You can edit these, if you didn't already know that. This is how to you get to the screen to edit the AP Out of Service alarm ...

5758e38374fe491f95c30cbb19f6c30e_RackMultipart20170907-25929-14oanup-thats_a_lot_of_clicks_inline.jpg

And then here are the fields that I have selected (because everything else comes back null/empty) ...

Source: $alarmSource
Source Name: $alarmSourceName
Severity: $severity

Here is an example of an alarm message that I received ...

Source: 15302125085J0000
Source Name: PT-Services-AP2
Severity: Critical
Message: AP[15302125085J0000] out of Service on EWC[10.10.72.10]

Jason1
Extreme Employee
Joshua,

Are you running version 8? I believe there was a change in v8 to show this in the OneView Alarm "Source" - https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Why-does-OneView-not-show-the-device-name-in-...

Let us know if that is not what you are looking for.

Regards,
Jason

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
We are still running 7.0.9, but i can look at this in our lab environment. Thanks for the reply.
GTM-P2G8KFN