Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISIS IP source address an XIQ-SE

ISIS IP source address an XIQ-SE

Jose_Chaves
New Contributor II

Hi,

After upgrading to secure management i didn't configure ISIS IP Source Address, since it is not need any more.

The switch is working with the rest of the SPB network.

Now I was trying to change the pooling time of the switch in the XIQ-SE and got the following error.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Do I need to configure ISIS IP source IP to work with XIQ-SE?

Regards,

Jose Chaves

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LinusB
New Contributor

What version of XIQ-SE are you running? This requirement seems to have been removed in 22.06.13:

FabricManager - ISIS Source IP Address validation has been removed

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LinusB
New Contributor

What version of XIQ-SE are you running? This requirement seems to have been removed in 22.06.13:

FabricManager - ISIS Source IP Address validation has been removed

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

I would open a ticket. 

But you are correct.  Once you move to VOSS 8.2 or higher you don't need the Loopback IP with source IP anymore.

However, If memory serves me correctly we still recommend it.  Once you migrate your loopback ip to the new Mgmt Clip.  It is highly recommend that you put a loopback with a source IP back into the configuration of the switch.  You would need to select a new /32 IP address.

I can't speak for why XIQ-SE would need it.  But perhaps XIQ-SE is using it for some kind of ICMP/ping function. 

Because without a Loopback IP and source IP configured you can't do pings from the CLI anymore.  

A ping command from the CLI will give a error message to choose a source IP each time you want to ping something from the switch.  This can get annoying when you need to troubleshoot something quickly. 

GTM-P2G8KFN