cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptops coming out of sleep mode (wired)

Laptops coming out of sleep mode (wired)

XTRMUser
Contributor

I'm seeing reconnection issues when a laptop comes out of sleep mode.

We have Dell laptops, with docking stations. When the laptop is unused for a while, it goes to sleep, and when it wakes up (user presses keys, wiggles mouse, etc) networking doesn't work. A reboot will solve the problem, but that is not a good fix.

This seems to be affecting newer Dell laptops more than older ones. I don't have other devices to test with (other manufacturers laptops to see if they have the same issue).

I haven't tried turning EAP off on the affect ports, to see if that would help (yet). Also, I wonder if setting the laptop to always be on when powered (which is what is happening if plugged into the docking station), and thus prevent it from going to sleep, would help.

Has anyone had/seen this issue, and come up with a fix?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

XTRMUser
Contributor

Thanks for this. I was thinking along the same lines, but setting the laptop to not sleep when plugged in (which it is with docking station). Screen can go off, but laptop itself would keep running. I'll look into this.

Jose_Chaves
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have the same problem and have to disable power saving mode in the ethernet card.

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000134483/resolving-issues-with-energy-efficient-ethernet-e...

I hope it helps

regards,

GTM-P2G8KFN