Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to C35

Migration to C35

Stephen_McGuire
New Contributor III
Hello,

I have a general question regarding migrating from two C25's to two C35's.

Is there an FAQ or document that can assist in this migration? I seached the GTAK kb without any success.

Related, I am also about to upgrade my NetSight server (6.3.0.174) to Extreme Management Center (8.x).

I believe I need to upgrade the NetSight (at least 6.3.0.186 or higher) and NAC before the wireless controllers. We do use Policy Manager and Oneview not Purview.

Would love some advice on the best migration path.

-Stephen
14 REPLIES 14

Stephen_McGuire
New Contributor III
Just talking out loud here...

I noticed that I'm a few (several) software rev's behind. I think it might be asking for trouble if I were to upgrade the C25's just for the sake of being current before migrating to the new C35's. With all the changes going on my inclination is to migrate at the current version after the NetSight upgrades, and let things run smoothly for a bit. There's no pressing need that I'm aware of at this point where the 10.11.03.004 wouldn't be sufficient. Our new AP's are supported by that software. (Unless the migrating configurations documents recommend it of course.)

We're an educational institution, so I need to be done by the end of August. Our next "break" is december so I'm thinking hold off on the C35 software upgrades till then if needed.

-Stephen

Doug
Extreme Employee
If you have access to the software manuals you should look at the section..."Migrating the Platform Configurations" in the ExtremeWireless Maintenance Guide. There are sequential steps for migrating a configuration.

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Bin
Extreme Employee
Hi Stephen,

Just add the reference for upgrading EMC v8.

Considerations for upgrading Extreme Management Center to version 8.x (formerly Netsight)
https://c.na29.visual.force.com/apex/KCSInternal?lang=en_US&id=kA134000000GxDw

Best regards,
Bin

Bin
Extreme Employee
Hello Stephen,
Sorry for put in-active link.
GTM-P2G8KFN