Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC End-system license contradiction?

NAC End-system license contradiction?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

When looking at the NAC end-system licensing / capacity there seems to be a contradiction in the figures, but that could be a misunderstanding in my interpretation? Take the example below, where 500 end-system license are included in the NMS-ADV, and the customer has purchased a further 1000 - that should give a total of 1500.

The problem is the 'Total End-System License Limit:' says 1500 (in the pop-up window) but the 'End-System capacity:' shows 1000 (Under Configuration tab)?

I would expect the capacity and limit to be the same based on the total amount of end-systems licensed? The capacity currently shows that it is 235% over subscribed, but really that should be less based on the bigger limit - which therefor is used to baseline a license breach, capacity or limit?

ae4a7bfa8e1b4453944fecd5853b395c_RackMultipart20170728-889-h87ziu-NAC_License_Ver1_inline.png

Many thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8

jsoler
New Contributor II
Just read this, and I believe I can put some light on it.

The End system Capacity, is the amount of autenthications this NAC can perform with a good performance. See System Requirements on the pop-up. So, If you have a virtual appliance with 1 CPU, 1GB of RAM and 20GB of disk, this is your performance. The System capacity is information so you can see if you need to increase the performance of the virtual machine, or get a new NAC-VM.

Hope it helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wonderful thanks guys.

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
I Agree with Ronald,
You can double click on that and put in what you want. It is a good candidate for improvement, but the Java app is slated for removal eventually.

a7bc53f642bb470ca26af713561fb13a_RackMultipart20170728-114138-pd725i-Screen_Shot_2017-07-28_at_10_30_32_AM_inline.png

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Martin,

just click on the field an put whatever value you want in .... it might would make sense to put the 1500 in 🙂

That has nothing to do with the real licenses installed - I can't remember whether there was any real reason behind that field.

Answer from the GTAC for the ticket that I'd created back in 2014....

"End system capacity has no bearing on licensed end system count and does not affect licensing in any way."
GTM-P2G8KFN