Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsight 6.3 release date ?

Netsight 6.3 release date ?

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

could you please share the release date for Netsight 6.3 ?

2nd question - the v9.21 IdentiFi release notes list 6.3 as the only supported software version - is this information correct ?

-Ron
80 REPLIES 80

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Robert, Reid and Bernard I have granted access to. I am reviewing the others listed.

Reid_Knuttila
New Contributor
I'd like to get access to the early release, too, please.

Thanks,

Reid

Bernard_Lozano
New Contributor II
Mike I have been beta testing Netsight for you before it was originally released. Can I get a copy of 6.3.

thanks

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
You'd find the release note in the download area in the 6.3 directory.
I haven't found the new manual so it might not be ready yet.

The whole thing wasn't that complicated to setup in my lab environment.

Still no clue how that should work in a real network as bridge@EWC traffic is mirrored with the tag (as per Paulo's post https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/purview-integration-wireless-controller-9-21 )
I don't see how I'd connect the controller mirror port to my core as the same frame would get tx from different ports = ESA port with bridge@EWC topology & mirror port with the same frame = possible loop ???

As that wasn't clear to me I've installed another NIC in my VM Netsight and connected it with a patchcable to the mirror port to bypass my core switch.

Purview is up&running since noon and now I've proof that my colleagues spend too much time on Youtube videos 🙂

I don't get the 6.3 directory. only up to 6.2.
GTM-P2G8KFN