cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Netsight issue with access to the devices

Netsight issue with access to the devices

Merdan
New Contributor
When I right-click a device in a device tree no context menu appears. I also get ERROR in a Current Link column whenever I try to poll interface summary flexview. In the inventory tab below there is a message saying that the user has no access to these devices, although SNMP contact is established to all of the devices. What could be the issue?
10 REPLIES 10

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

If you go into tools --> Options --> Client Connections and enable SNMP redirection through the NetSight Server does it resolve the issue?

Thanks
-Ryan

Merdan
New Contributor
Well, as I mentioned before when I right-click the device no menu appears and I cannot poll any info from the device. However, whenever I try to build a topology map, everything works fine, and all of the overlays work fine too, which means it does get data like STP and VLAN info from the device to build those maps. Any ideas?

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
That all looks good. Can you right click the device and use MIB tools to try and pool a few OIDs?

Are they successful?

Thanks
-Ryan

Merdan
New Contributor
And by the way, all the traps and syslogs work fine. They appear in Netsight.

Merdan
New Contributor
Hi Ryan,

First of all thank you for your reply. Below is the snmp config for the switches. As you can see the snmp access parameters are as in default snmp config. I had no problems managing these devices with this snmp config in Netsight before, but after a while I got the issue described above (None of the configurations were changed on both Netsight and switches). I even tried to connect the defaulted Enterasys switch to the network and access it via the default public access accounts and I still get that problem - the SNMP contact is established but I cannot poll any data, except device serial and system info. All strings in snmp access parameters match the viewname parameters. I tried to snmpwalk one of the switches from the Netsight server command line using the same snmp access credentials and I get the full MIB tree, so I believe that the access credentials are fine.

set snmp access ro security-model v1 exact read All notify All nonvolatile
set snmp access ro security-model v2c exact read All notify All nonvolatile
set snmp access public security-model v1 exact read All write All notify All nonvolatile
set snmp access public security-model v2c exact read All write All notify All nonvolatile
set snmp access public security-model usm exact read All write All notify All nonvolatile
set snmp community :3fb03022e4966512343b511c263dcf1240739359ec6cad7d8c6277007e7e0657521e0641967b150156:
set snmp group ro user ro security-model v1
set snmp group public user public security-model v1
set snmp group ro user ro security-model v2c
set snmp group public user public security-model v2c
set snmp group public user public security-model usm
set snmp notify TVInformTag tag TVInformTag inform
set snmp notify TVTrapTag tag TVTrapTag
set snmp targetaddr TVa720fcTV1public 10.114.0.252 param TV1public mask 0.0.0.0 taglist TVTrapTag nonVolatile
set snmp targetparams TV1public user public security-model v2c message-processing v2c noauthentication
set snmp user public authentication md5 :3e24b6180d8890caafe365b5ab0f1954: encryption des privacy :3e24b6180d8890caafe365b5ab0f1954:
set snmp view viewname All subtree 1

Thank you for your help.
Merdan

GTM-P2G8KFN