Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetSight PDF reports

NetSight PDF reports

lhuso
New Contributor II
Hi.
I am looking for a pdf report where you can see utilization on some selected ports on different XOS switches.

A nice report with Graphs over a selected time would be nice.

Does enybody know if this exist today or can be build without to much programming?

9 REPLIES 9

lhuso
New Contributor II
Thanks.
I have to do some testing now and look at your suggestions.

Though, I have say that it would have been nice with pregenerated report where I just could add some interfaces. There is already a report for Top N interfaces. Why not also a report for some selected interfaces?

Don1
New Contributor
You could also export the port files. Port files can also be located in the following location on each switch:

cat /proc/net/expkt/stats

Try using the following method located in this GTAC article:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-Find-Port-Utilization-Statistics-Us...

Don1
New Contributor
You could run a show support command from each switch. Then convert the report to a .pdf. I usually generate a network summary report from inside Purview to see port utilization. You can also try the custom report features from inside the Inventory manager, Console, and NAC menus.

lhuso
New Contributor II
Thanks. I have tried the Custom Report feature, but you have to save the report as a .csv file which gives to much afterwork.
Do you know if we can select interfaces on differnet switches, so that we can build one pdf presenting a report for these selected interfaces on different switches?

Don1
New Contributor
You can actually use OneView or Console from the main Netsight menu to generate a port view .pdf. You can also generate custom network reports inside Netsight and Purview using the reports tab.
GTM-P2G8KFN