cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ExtremeManagement User Unauthorized

New ExtremeManagement User Unauthorized

Darrin_Tingey
New Contributor II
I have installed a new Extreme Management server on Ubuntu. I am not able to login for the first time but get a message immediately that user is not authorized. I am using the same user name and pw that was used to set up the system and login to the server. I tried setting up a new user but the results are the same.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Check that the user has been correctly installed into the nsusers table.

SSH into the XMC server and the run following commands:

cd /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/scripts/
./mysql.sh
use netsight;
select * from nsusers;

You should see all users that are currently authorized to login. If your username is not in this list then I would try to login with the username that is. There should at least be a "root" user.

Once in the application you can then create a new user in the XMC --> Administration --> Users tab.

If you can't login we'll need to manually inject a user into the table.

Thanks
-Ryan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Darrin_Tingey
New Contributor II
Thank you for getting me on the right path, I was able to insert my username into that table and I am able to login!!

Darrin_Tingey
New Contributor II
That is the problem, root is the only user but in Ubuntu root doesn't get a password in the OS? is there a way to add to this table?

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Check that the user has been correctly installed into the nsusers table.

SSH into the XMC server and the run following commands:

cd /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/scripts/
./mysql.sh
use netsight;
select * from nsusers;

You should see all users that are currently authorized to login. If your username is not in this list then I would try to login with the username that is. There should at least be a "root" user.

Once in the application you can then create a new user in the XMC --> Administration --> Users tab.

If you can't login we'll need to manually inject a user into the table.

Thanks
-Ryan
GTM-P2G8KFN