Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended IQ-SE Alerts / Alarms / Monitoring

Recommended IQ-SE Alerts / Alarms / Monitoring

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I realise this question might be how long is a piece of string, but wanted to see what real-world examples people in the community might setup.

An old problem often surfaces where you have the network being monitoring by IQ-SE, and something goes wrong and your not aware of it! You don't realise as the monitoring hasn't been configured to detect that particular issue, and blame goes back as to why you have not enabled something that might seem so obvious.

Some of those might be:

• If an OSPF adjacency fails
  • If an ISIS adjacency fails
  • Fan / PSU / POE failure
  • Port Discards / Errors 
  • Module fails
  • Stacking fails
  • High Interface Utilisation
  • High Broadcast Traffic
  • High Multicast Traffic
  • etc

Appreciate some of these are out of the box, some are not. Some of these might be configured as traps / inform's, syslog messages etc

Be interested what sort of things users have setup in the field for VOSS and EXOS switches.

Many thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

FredrikB-NN
New Contributor

We have asked the same question. What is the purpose of purchasing and paying good support money for a piece of management software that does not even detect basic issues for that same vendors own hardware? I have absolutely no interest in knowing if my switches are reachable if I cannot be informed that half of my members in an 8 slot stack are missing (the stack IP is still pingable, so everything is well, right?). That's 200 ports that are down and I don't get to know!!! Lost redundancy in stacks is also not default along with quite a few that you mention. The reply would probably be that you need to implement the ones you feel that you want. It should really be the other way around, that you may disable alarms you feel are not relevant.

Some suggestions:

• Stacking port down
  • Fan at high speed
  • Congestion on ports
  • RX or TX errors increasing
  • Optical levels (warning/alarm and even significant changes)
  • MLAG problems
  • LACP problems

You can always try a feature request.

GTM-P2G8KFN