cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Sending flow data from a switch direct to ExtremeAnalytics (without a flowcollector engine)

Sending flow data from a switch direct to ExtremeAnalytics (without a flowcollector engine)

Yves_Haslimann
New Contributor III
Hello everybody

I would like to configure the Extreme Switches (x440-G2, with version 22.4) to sending sflow/netflow data direct to the Extreme Analytics. I heard this is now possible without having a flowcollector enginge like PV FC-180 installed. Is this true? Because I couldn't find any referenced documentation to this. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Best regards, Yves
41 REPLIES 41

Kevin_Beyers
New Contributor
Hi Oscar,

Ok thanks for the information, I will contact Extreme GTAC.

Kind Regards,
Kevin.

OscarK
Extreme Employee
Hello Kevin, 22.4.1.4-patch2-5 is a private patch and is not publically available. You can get this patch by opening a case.
22.5 will also contain the fix once it is available (expected end of May).

Kevin_Beyers
New Contributor
Hi Yves,

Ok thanks for the information. The firmware 22.4.1.4-patch2-5 isn't yet available at the partner portal of Extreme Networks?

Kind Regards,
Kevin.

Yves_Haslimann
New Contributor III
Hello everybody: I got the following information: To use an ExtremeSwitching X440-G2 switch as an Application Telemetry source for ExtremeAnalytics, install firmware version 22.4.1.4-patch2-5 or higher.

Kevin_Beyers
New Contributor
Hi Oscar,

I've also test this, but gets the same error as Yves & Bernhard. I've used 22.4.1.4-patch1-2, but we're also working with Policy enabled. So couldn't run the command:

configure access-list width double slot 1

WARNING: Configuration of double width access-list is not supported when Policy is enabled. Slots will remain in Single width mode.
GTM-P2G8KFN