cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHOW IP PORT

SHOW IP PORT

Visconti
New Contributor III
I do not view all ip connected to all of 48 ports of my switch (series B5 and seris X450) .

I 'll accept to use "extreme management server" also CLI command or device terminal
6 REPLIES 6

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Visconti,

If I understood well, you might find Flexview useful within XMC if you don't have plans for NAC. Check this out:

a15e328c3fd94237ad8b684a2804596a_RackMultipart20180829-28823-7jebjm-1_inline.png

a15e328c3fd94237ad8b684a2804596a_RackMultipart20180829-28823-s6gh9p-2_inline.png

Does it suit you?

Regards,
Tomasz

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hello Visconti,

First of all, B5 and X450-G2 with newer firmware have a Node Alias feature that is kind of port-IP table that works even if the switch works just as a L2 device. Please have in mind, some entries will stay there even if there's no longer a particular IP and they have to age like MAC entries in FDB tables.
Is your X450 a '-G2' or just X450? What is the firmware version?
For nodealias feature you might want to take a look here:
https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_22.5/EXOS_User_Guide_22_5.pdf
https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/Active_Archive/B-Series/B-5/SW_Doc/9034706-01_B5_CLIRef_FW...

Basics for Node Alias in EXOS:
enable nodealias port all
show nodealias
show nodealias port
show nodealias mac
show nodealias ip Basics for Node Alias in EOS:
set nodealias enable
I don't see any show commands for nodealias in EOS and most probably that's because it was intended for NMS+NAC operation, so the Extreme Management Center can lookup the nodealias table when doing mac-to-IP mapping alongside authentication process for a connected end-system.
If you want to see connected end-systems with their MACs, IPs, hostnames etc., you can deploy XMC with Extreme Access Control. Then authentication on your access ports. Depending on your needs you can use authentication at EAC or some external RADIUS (like NPS) for role-based access control, or you can accept everything and get just the visibility.
Another option is to lookup the nodealias tables via Flexview.
Please let us know what is your vision here so we may guide you further.

Kind regards,
Tomasz
GTM-P2G8KFN