cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site Engine Backup Export

Site Engine Backup Export

jonchill
New Contributor

We're just in the process of building out SE and Control and have configured SE to do a backup.

I've created an SSH user with non admin access which works but when I try and open subfolders in the backup folder on SE I get access denied.

I don't really want to give my SSH account Root access so I can export these folders, is there a way round this?

What protocol works best for connecting to SE from a remote server so I can export off a copy of the SE backup?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you.

I have quickly tested this and it appears for both manually and scheduled backups the permissions on the sub-directories are set only for access by the system account. This to me is not expected.

For now it looks like only only owner privileges apply.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

The NetSight sub-directory and all its children are owned by the system account, be it root or the alternative 'netsight' (if used during initial setup). The ownership of the sub-directories created for a backup have Other not set which I suspect your non-admin user falls to.

Your non-admin account needs to be a member of the group and the group that owns the backup sub-directory is "root".

Did you use the Administration -> Users -> Manage SSH Connections -> Add function to create your user or did you do it manually via CLI?

I did it through the GUI as you've said above.

Thank you.

I have quickly tested this and it appears for both manually and scheduled backups the permissions on the sub-directories are set only for access by the system account. This to me is not expected.

For now it looks like only only owner privileges apply.

Will this be rectified in a future version of SE so a non system owner account can export off the backups?

GTM-P2G8KFN