cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site Engine Python Scripting - VOSS Enable SFLOW

Site Engine Python Scripting - VOSS Enable SFLOW

dreader
New Contributor II

I am trying to get used to scripting but have not found anything that does what i want.

I want to send CLI commands to groups but have the %deviceIP built in to the script so it make changes as i need.

For example i was to enable SFLOW so i need to have the local IP in this config.

config terminal
sflow agent-ip %deviceIP
sflow collector 1 address x.x.x.x owner DEV-SiteEngine port 6343 timeout 497
sflow collector 2 address x.x.x.x owner PRD-SiteEngine port 6343 timeout 497
app-telemetry enable

I was also trying to see if there is anyway to do pip install commands to get more features in the scripts.

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Nikulski
Extreme Employee

first, in your CLI command bulk is missing the enable command on the leading position.

second, why do you send sFlow data to Site Engine? It should go to the Analytics Engine. And if you add the switch to the Analytics Engine he gets automatically configured with App Telemetry and not only sFlow, which is more advanced.

Thanks for the help it sounds like what I wanted to get added was redundant it Analytics already does these steps.  It seems I was told some bad information regarding switches needed sflow to be configured before adding to the Analytics side.
Regarding the script you sent below. I was trying stuff similar to what you did below but i always get the same failures

javax.script.ScriptException:
*** Script Error ***
null

-> from xmcbase import cli as emc_cli

Is it possible my install is bad and my libraries are gone for some reason?

this is only useful for offline coding using an IDE. XIQ-SE don't need it.

just remove this line =>  from xmcbase import cli as emc_cli

Thanks for your help on this!

GTM-P2G8KFN