cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

trying to configure a simple network

trying to configure a simple network

Gus_Rodriguez
New Contributor
just purchased extreme network 440 and a new router. Its my understanding i don't need a router that the switch can do dhcp as well? if this is the case how would i set the static from my isp on a specific port and be able to utilize the rest of the ports for connection to other devices for connection to the internet. just one vlan so i can begin to learn these switches. trying to keep it simple for now. i've managed to set an ip on the switch and can access the gui. but i dont know how to set one of the ports to be my "in" port from my modem w static settings
12 REPLIES 12

Ram3
Extreme Employee
It is not possible to connect the Extreme switch directly with ISP IP gateway. Since the Summit switches don't support NAT. I would recommend adding a firewall or a device that supports NAT. Yes, by default all ports are mapped to default vlan.

Gus_Rodriguez
New Contributor
yes i am able to access the gui and and would like to use my own router. i have my isp configured in our router and need to connect it to the switch is the setup i believe we are going to go w. so from what i understand is i just need to untag the port that our router will be plugging into the extreme switch as all ports are on the default vlan as of now. is this correct? i have an ip set for the extreme switch set to 10.1.1.2 and dhcp on the router dhcp configured for 10.1.1.1-10.1.1.250

Narayanan__Kart
Extreme Employee
Hi Gus,

As per your description, I believe you are able to access the GUI already. The most of the configuration can be done in GUI itself.

c03daa699164420d980f04e7356e70a0_RackMultipart20170125-77615-8n8k1y-chalet_inline.png

Please let me know if you need any help in particular.

Regards,
Karthikeyan

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Unlike cisco SBCS and other platform there is no support for GUI on our extreme switches. Here you can always configure the required things either by CLI or chalet screenplay features.

Please find below link talking more about this screenplay feature:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/After-upgrading-EXOS-GUI-is-Screenplay-s...

Gus_Rodriguez
New Contributor
is it possible to do all these configurations from the gui?
GTM-P2G8KFN