cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to setup IDM and failing

Trying to setup IDM and failing

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
We have Extreme Management Console and ExtremeControl and we want to start off by just collecting information on what all is connected to the network, but not enforcing any policies at this point. The first step is to select the device, right-click on it, click Tasks -> Access Control -> Identity Management - Configuration, correct?

We then changed the target server IP address setting to the IP of the NAC server, changed the target server type to NAC, but then things fall apart at the username and PW. We tried using the root account that was created when NAC was installed, but that doesn't work. Looking on the switch, it shows:

Slot-2 Summit-CV-Desktops.9 # show xml-notification statistics
Target Name : nac-target_172.22.1.94
Server URL : https://172.22.1.94:8443/axis/services/event
Server Queue Size : 100
Enabled : yes
Connection Status : fail
Events Received : 3
Connection Failures : 2
Events Sent Success : 0
Events Sent Failed : 3
Events Dropped : 0

Going to that link brings up a login prompt, but the root account credentials on the NAC don't work to login. I'm guessing that is where the problem is, but I don't know at this point.

13 REPLIES 13

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
I normally log into the Web UI with my AD account. Just tested with the root account/PW for the XMC server and was able to manually log into the Web UI and SSH to the server, so I know the credentials are fine. Still getting "not connected" on the switch side when using those same credentials.

Try using your AD account for the heck of it. What license level of XMC are you running? Is it running on linux or windows? At this point it may be worth giving GTAC a call to take a look. I'm out of ideas since it should be working.

TylerMarcotte
Extreme Employee
The first option should have worked. When you log into the XMC Web UI do you use the root account? Try using the account you would normally connect with.

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
I definitely messed something up. Any combination now shows "not connected" messages from "show xml-notification config" and "show xml-notification statistics".

Tried:

.93 (IP of the XMC server) and the PW of the root account on the XMC server
.93 (IP of the XMC server) and the PW of the root account on the NAC server
.94 (IP of the NAC server) and the PW of the root account on the NAC server
.94 (IP of the NAC server) and the PW of the root account on the XMC server

GTM-P2G8KFN