cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to use XMC to download summit firmware and getting an error incomplete command

Trying to use XMC to download summit firmware and getting an error incomplete command

kjstech
New Contributor II
I have an X450G2 24 port test switch and I wanted to see if XMC (Netsight) could push the newer SummitX-22.5.1.7.xos firmware file to it. The firmware is loaded and I attempted to have this pushed to the switch. After about 8 minutes or so of no progress, it eventually errored out. I went over to the Events tab and under the Inventory Server category there is a Firmware Download Event with the following details:

Firmware Download summitX-22.5.1.7.xos: (10.1.0.111) - Error Downloading Firmware. See event log for details. : X450G2-24p-G4.1 # enable %% Incomplete command X450G2-24p-G4.2 # upgrade tftp://10.1.0.110/firmware/images/summitX-22.5.1.7.xos ^ %% Invalid input detected at '^' marker. X450G2-24p-G4.3 # exit

Any idea how to get this to work? This is my test switch and I want to perfect this capability before I would attempt to use it on my core X690s someday when I get the courage to update each VRRP capable core.
1 REPLY 1

kjstech
New Contributor II
Nevermind, figured it out. Had to do Set configuration, choose Script for both options and then ExtremeXOS - TFTP for Device Family Definition Filename. It worked!
GTM-P2G8KFN