cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Fails on Delta updates

Updating Fails on Delta updates

Keith_Obermeier
New Contributor II
I have an AP305 in a pilot configuration while I build my Cloud IQ wlan.  I have noticed that every time I try a delta update the update fails.  Complete updates succeed.

In the threads here I saw that clock offset was a potential cause, and I have made sure that ntp is now pushed to the AP.  I am still unable to push out a delta.

I am on the latest hiveOS...

any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hiding an SSID would require a reboot, so the AP could stop broadcasting that SSID and remove any users who would have previously seen it. Adding an assignment rule to a user profile could potentially change how all connected users are classified, so that is again something I would expect to take a complete configuration to update. Editing an assignment description doesn't sound like it should require a reboot, but I'd need to see specifically what you're updating to be sure.

The main causes of delta updates failing are either that the configuration change requires a reboot, or that the firewall port is not open correctly.

Keith_Obermeier
New Contributor II
An example update would be to mark an SSID as stealth, 

or to add an assignment rule to an already created user profile

or even to just edit the assignment description in a user profile.

It seems like these changes would be minor enough to be able to be completed as a delta update, especially when just modifying the description...

Are there other causes of delta update failures we should consider?

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Keith, it depends on what changes you're trying to push out. If a change is too big for a delta update, the delta update will fail and you'd need to push a complete configuration. If you're making minor changes that won't affect how the wireless traffic is processed, I'd recommend checking port TCP 22. We use different ports for the delta and complete configuration upgrades, so if one is failing it's a good idea to check the port. Hope that helps!
GTM-P2G8KFN