Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

What does this message means about XMC "Import Site Configuration"

What does this message means about XMC "Import Site Configuration"

Rahman_Duran
Contributor
Hi,

I was using "User Device Groups" in XMC to group same location devices. Recently I start to create "Sites" for these locations under /World. When I select several devices, change their "default site" to "World/Arhavi" and press save button it asks me about overwriting confirmation.

5c9f02498ce74bf5879b12077f7c0048_da723934-3498-4185-8a12-951e8846b239.png

Site "/World/Arhavi" is brand new with no custom configuration. Devices are production devices that have several configurations on them. So If I say "yes" what will XMC overwrite? Will it update "Site" data with running device configs? Or it will destroy the running devices configuration completely? I think this warning text should be more elaborate. If it is going to destroy running devices config, it should say so.

Regards,

Rahman
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Enforce = send the config to the device.
Save = save values to the XMC.

example is ā€œnotesā€, nick name, site, admin profile, poll mode, remove from service... none of these is enforced. All of these are saved to XMC.

hope it helps.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

The 8.5.5 will be releases this week. consider upgrade as there were many bugs fixed since 8.5

Regards Zdeněk Pala

RobertWilkinson
New Contributor III

I would expect the PVID and Tagged VLANS to change within the view to reflect what is actually configured on the switch.

The goal is the customer is coming away from Netsight to XMC GUI and using the Sites function, what iā€™m trying to do is get XMC to reflect in the site what is configured on the switch so that when the customer uses the sites function, port templates etc they donā€™t mistakenly override port specific configs.

Currently running version 8.2.6.5 of XMC

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Hi Robert.

what exactly ā€œremain unchangedā€ and you expect to change? what version have you tried? I remember some changes were made in the code...

Regards Zdeněk Pala

RobertWilkinson
New Contributor III

@Zdenek Pala Thanks, i tried that but the data in the configure device window doesnā€™t change other than the port status. The PVID, Tagged VLANS and all other columns remain unchanged and show what is configured in the site and not what is actually configured on the device.

GTM-P2G8KFN