Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

What does this message means about XMC "Import Site Configuration"

What does this message means about XMC "Import Site Configuration"

Rahman_Duran
Contributor
Hi,

I was using "User Device Groups" in XMC to group same location devices. Recently I start to create "Sites" for these locations under /World. When I select several devices, change their "default site" to "World/Arhavi" and press save button it asks me about overwriting confirmation.

5c9f02498ce74bf5879b12077f7c0048_da723934-3498-4185-8a12-951e8846b239.png

Site "/World/Arhavi" is brand new with no custom configuration. Devices are production devices that have several configurations on them. So If I say "yes" what will XMC overwrite? Will it update "Site" data with running device configs? Or it will destroy the running devices configuration completely? I think this warning text should be more elaborate. If it is going to destroy running devices config, it should say so.

Regards,

Rahman
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Enforce = send the config to the device.
Save = save values to the XMC.

example is ā€œnotesā€, nick name, site, admin profile, poll mode, remove from service... none of these is enforced. All of these are saved to XMC.

hope it helps.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Use Reload Device button in the device configuration https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/oneview/docs/network/devices/docs/l_ov_at_configure_device.h...

Regards Zdeněk Pala

RobertWilkinson
New Contributor III

Is in the scenario where you have an IT Team, some are more comfortable with CLI then the SIte GUI in XMC.

Scenario:

You go to push out changes from the Site to a Device, you notice the port VLANā€™s in the site differ to what has actually been configured on the device. How can you sync back the changes from the device to the site so its consistent?

Rahman_Duran
Contributor
Thank you for your helps. It makes sense to me now.

Regards,

Rahman

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Enforce = send the config to the device.
Save = save values to the XMC.

example is ā€œnotesā€, nick name, site, admin profile, poll mode, remove from service... none of these is enforced. All of these are saved to XMC.

hope it helps.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Rahman_Duran
Contributor

Ok, one last question then ļ™‚ So what is the purpose of the "save" button next to "enforce preview" button. What does it save and where does it save?
GTM-P2G8KFN