cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

why doesn't Netsight Extreme Management Center support sflow ?

why doesn't Netsight Extreme Management Center support sflow ?

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II
XOS switches support sFlow, Extreme Management Center only netFlow.

I hoped that EMC was able to manage sFlow configuration.

Is there a roadmap for this?

Johan Hendrik System Architect Audax
8 REPLIES 8

I do understand your point. From other angle, there is no management tool what does offer so many features for your X440 switches. Maps, configurations, config backups, firmware upgrades, VPLS, VLAN, temperature, fans, powersupplies, alarms, neighbors....
Regards Zdeněk Pala

That's great. But, not particularly useful. The point is, anything less than the x460 model in the summit line only does sFlow, and Management Center won't listen to sFlow.

This is a software issue with Management Center that is solvable.

Imagine how difficult it is for me to convince my CIO to buy Management Center when it won't fully manage our fleet of x440 switches.

X460-G2 is able to do NetFlow. To calculate netflow is not a trivial task. If you want to do it well you need hardware support for that. without hardware support you will get only samples.

There is also K-series and S-series what does support full linerate netflow on every packet every flow, every port with no performance degradation.

Regards Zdeněk Pala

Stephen_Flahert
Extreme Employee
SFlow is being considered as an base Analytics offering, but it has not been committed to a release at this time.
GTM-P2G8KFN