cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIQ-SE unable to change port settings after changing the port template when Configure Device

XIQ-SE unable to change port settings after changing the port template when Configure Device

RobertD1
Contributor

Hello.

When I open select a device and right click and choose Configure then Ports I'm able to change the port template on the port to Access but it does not get changed on the switch?

Rob 

6 REPLIES 6

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Did you enforce your changes to the switch?

What is the switch?

Regards Zdeněk Pala

Hi,

X435.

I clicked Enforce Review but there were no differences so nothing to enforce.

Rob

Hi,

is my understanding correct:

• You changed Port Template from XXX to Access.
  • The enforce preview does not show the difference.
  • When you run ZTP+ then the Access port has a different STP setting than port template XXX.
  • The request/suggestion/solution is to include STP properties setting to the port template.

Thank you for explanation.

Regards Zdeněk Pala

• You changed Port Template from XXX to Access. [RD] The port template for each port does not even match the settings on the switch. Show stpd s0 ports shows all the ports are the same type. I have ports which are access ports and they should show up with different flags.
  • The enforce preview does not show the difference. [RD] Enforce Preview does not pickup any changes needed when I alter the port template on a port.
  • When you run ZTP+ then the Access port has a different STP setting than port template XXX. [RD] Even without ZTP+ I'm unable to change the PT on a port on an X435.
  • The request/suggestion/solution is to include STP properties setting to the port template. [RD] I need to be able change port types through Site Engine for different purpose ie PCs, routers, interswitch.

I can disable or enable a port and this is reflected when I use Enforce Preview. But not able to change port templates and see anything change on the switch. Tried sync from site, tried save, tried Enforce Preview. 

GTM-P2G8KFN