cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMC Alerting based on SNMP trap

XMC Alerting based on SNMP trap

nbremmer
New Contributor

I would like to set up email alerts based on the SNMP traps that our Extreme Networks MLXe sends to XMC. Basically, I want to send email/text on any “critical” alarm. 

Is there any way to simplify this process? Or do I need to configure custom alarms for each type? 

We are trying to tie these alarms to the SysLog Facilities (0-2 = Critical/Email/TXT, 3-6 = email/syslog)

Here’s the basic list of what I’m trying to monitor:

MLXe Chassis
MR2 mgmt
BR-20x10G
PSU1
PSU2
PSU3
PSU4
HSF1
HSF2
HSF3
Fan1
Fan2
Fan3
Fan4
OSPF Link 1/19 10G
OSPF Link 2/19 10G
OSPF Link 1/19 10G
OSPF Link 2/19 10G
OSPF Link 1/18 10G
ICL 
Keep Alive
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

there are several ways to do that. The custom alarms help with this. For example, you can combine the following:

Severity => Critcal

Host => The IPs of the relevant switches

On the switch you have to make sure that only the relevant messages arrive at the XMC as critical. Then you do not have to evaluate each alarm individually.

You can then send an email and an syslog to another server as an action in the custom alarm.

Regards Stephan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

there are several ways to do that. The custom alarms help with this. For example, you can combine the following:

Severity => Critcal

Host => The IPs of the relevant switches

On the switch you have to make sure that only the relevant messages arrive at the XMC as critical. Then you do not have to evaluate each alarm individually.

You can then send an email and an syslog to another server as an action in the custom alarm.

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN