cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMC custom backup script for Cisco SG 500 series

XMC custom backup script for Cisco SG 500 series

Peter_Majercak
New Contributor II

Can I ask you for help with backup script for Cisco SG500 devices?

I checked logs, file attached, and there is mentioned that regex was not found (compare to other successful backups I did).

Have you idea where are those regex defined and how to modify it?

Thank you very much.

2020-08-05 18:00:51,342 DEBUG [com.ets.netsight.inv.agent.ScriptMib] [Inventory Snmp-11] [ScriptMib] [10.228.135.254] Looking for success regex match: bytes copied:

2020-08-05 18:00:51,342 DEBUG [com.ets.netsight.inv.agent.ScriptMib] [Inventory Snmp-11] [ScriptMib] [10.228.135.254] No match for success regex match: bytes copied:

2020-08-05 18:00:51,344 DEBUG [com.ets.netsight.inv.agent.AgentFileUtilities] deletingFile: /tftpboot/configs/tmp/10_228_135_254.cfg

2020-08-05 18:00:51,344 DEBUG [com.ets.netsight.inv.agent.AgentFileUtilities] deletingFile: /tftpboot/configs/tmp/10_228_135_254.cfg - Success.

2020-08-05 18:00:51,344 DEBUG [com.ets.netsight.inv.agent.AgentFileUtilities] deletingFile: /tftpboot/configs/tmp/10_228_135_254.cfg checking to see if parent dir can be removed.

2020-08-05 18:00:51,344 DEBUG [com.ets.netsight.inv.agent.AgentFileUtilities] deletingFile - Parent Dir: /tftpboot/configs/tmp

2020-08-05 18:00:51,344 DEBUG [com.ets.netsight.inv.agent.AgentFileUtilities] deletingFile - Parent Dir: /tftpboot/configs/tmp - Success.

2020-08-05 18:00:51,344 INFO [stdout] [AgentCB] Sending [Complete] Response to Client [extreme.ahold.net] = [Archive Save] for Ticket [Management Center Archive] Message = [Error Archiving Configuration File.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Hi Peter.

in the inventory script you can define success criteria = even if the file is successfully received the CLI can report “Success” or “Failure”. This CLI response can be parsed in sections:

-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Configuration Upload"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Configuration Download"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Firmware Download"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "BootPROM Download"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Reset"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Timed Reset"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Timed Reset Abort"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----

I suggest you check the CLI response of the device and the relevant section of the Inventory script

Regards

Regards Zdeněk Pala

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

That is great to hear. Congratulations. If you share the script and details, then I can publish it at GitHub, the community can benefit from it.

Regards Zdeněk Pala

riman
New Contributor

Thank you Zdenek for your hint. I was able fix my script with this advice.

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Hi Peter.

in the inventory script you can define success criteria = even if the file is successfully received the CLI can report “Success” or “Failure”. This CLI response can be parsed in sections:

-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Configuration Upload"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Configuration Download"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Firmware Download"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "BootPROM Download"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Reset"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Timed Reset"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Timed Reset Abort"-----
-----END SUCCESS-----

I suggest you check the CLI response of the device and the relevant section of the Inventory script

Regards

Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN