cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMC floorplan image quality

XMC floorplan image quality

Bas_van_Roosmal
New Contributor II
Hi all, I have uploaded a.jpg picture for my floorplan. This is a big building. So the original.jpg is like 7 MB and we can zoom in so we can see each room. Now, after uploading it to XMC, i am unable to get the same quality. When zooming in, we are unable to read the room numbers. Is there a way that XMC can use the same image quality as the original one?
6 REPLIES 6

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Bas,

May i know what is the XMC version?
starting from 7.x the image scaling size is increased and there is an option to customize the same.
This can be done by editing the NSJBoss.properties file, the line which needs to be edited is oneView.maxImageSize=3000x2000 (this value is by default) , can you check the actual scaling of the floorplan image and set the oneView.maxImageSize accordingly and see if that helps?

please note a server restart is required for the changes to take effect.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
APs OK, but I mean the resolution of a floorplan that is sent to EWC location engine. AFAIR it was fixed 10000 cells of variable size (depending on floorplan size and scale).

Hi Tomasz, Im not sure what the limitation is, i think the max numbers of AP per floor is around 100.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Bas, Karthik,

Isn't there still some limitation for number of cells the floorplan is divided to for location purposes? If it's still 1000 cells, then having a really large floorplan will mean having coarse heatmap resolution, is that right?
Obviously it doesn't apply if you don't care about wireless location.

Kind regards,
Tomasz
GTM-P2G8KFN