cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMC will not start smoothly

XMC will not start smoothly

Arjumand_Qazi
New Contributor II
Below is the log that i am finding it every time. sometimes the netsight server will start via services manager after random attempts to start the server from services manager, but most of the time the server will not start and the page will not open in the browser.
kindly suggest the relevant java version to download in order for the netsight server to work (if thats the issue here), in windows services i can see netsight database and netsight server running along with other services, but server will not load/open.

LOG..
2018-03-29 11:02:40,651 ERROR [com.enterasys.netsight.reporting.topn.util.TopNDbTableUtils] error updating topn data in database (More errors like this will not be logged): java.sql.SQLException: Table has no partition for value 1522303200000
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:964)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3970)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3906)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2524)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2677)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2549)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1861)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.execute(PreparedStatement.java:1192)
at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.WrappedPreparedStatement.execute(WrappedPreparedStatement.java:442)
at com.enterasys.netsight.reporting.topn.util.TopNDbTableUtils.runPreparedSql(TopNDbTableUtils.java:315)
at com.enterasys.netsight.reporting.topn.util.TopNDbTableUtils.updateTable(TopNDbTableUtils.java:351)
at com.enterasys.netsight.reporting.topn.collector.db.TopNDbDataStoreImpl.storeData(TopNDbDataStoreImpl.java:37)
at com.enterasys.netsight.reporting.topn.collector.task.TopNCalculatorTask.run(TopNCalculatorTask.java:563)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
4 REPLIES 4

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Arjumand,

you asked if Windows 10 can be a issue. Yes it can. Windows 10 is not supported according the release notes.

Best regards
Stephan

Regards Stephan

Arjumand_Qazi
New Contributor II
Btw this time in the Log.. there was no error shown.

Arjumand_Qazi
New Contributor II
Hello Pala,

Just to eliminate the doubt i downloaded 8.1.2.59 of XMC with new eval license.
i am still getting the same response which is, the netsight Database will load without any issue, after then via services manager if i try to start the Netsight server.. it will never get started and will give no warning or error.

Is there any step in installation that i have skipped but again i did installation 2 times, it didn't ask for anything which can have impact on server or database setting, or is it Windows 10 an issue here?

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
I suggest to open GTAC ticket with complete log. It seems to me as some issue with the underlaying mySQL database.
Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN