cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Zero Touch out of box 450-G2 EXOS 16.1

Zero Touch out of box 450-G2 EXOS 16.1

Keith_Obermeier
New Contributor II
I have a few dozen new 450-G2 switches I want to deploy using zero touch. I have created a new vlan and setup dhcp in a win2k8 server (yes I remembered to setup ip forwarding, and I do have option 125 set, but I'm net even getting far enough in dhcp for the options to get to the client) I have that vlan (32) egressing tagged from my edge switch (a D2-12) to the core. I have the downlink to the switch untagged on vlan 32. I have tried using both the management port and port 1 on the 450-G2. When I put a windows client on that port, I get a lease. when I connect the switch, although I see an offer from the DHCP server, and the offered IP and MAC populates in the DHCP server, the switch remains on the 169.254 network and a sho dhcp-client state shows 0.0.0.0 addresses. My hope is to get this working to get the switches to zero config enough to push out 21.x firmware, then discover netsight via ZTP+ and start to config. Without even getting a successful DHCP lease I'm stuck.
5 REPLIES 5

Dave_Hammers
Extreme Employee
I'm not sure I followed all of the above, so I would like to ask a question. Would the DHCP request/response be untagged as the X450-G2 would see the traffic?

For ZTP to work, the DHCP request/response is assumed to be untagged
GTM-P2G8KFN