cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTP+ Device configuration remains stucked at 80% when XIQ-SE sends staged configuration

ZTP+ Device configuration remains stucked at 80% when XIQ-SE sends staged configuration

Mancon
New Contributor

Environment :
-ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine 23.4.12.3
-Server JRE Version: 1.8.0_372
-ZTP POC device : 5320-48P-8XE-FabricEngine (9.0.2.0)

I've been working on deploying a Zero Touch Provisioning solution and encountered some difficulties when adding a device to a site.

The first steps of the process goes well :
1. My device gets a DHCP address from the DHCP server
2. My device contacts XIQ-SE using DNS information the DHCP server provided
3. the device starts ZTP+ process and shows up in "Network > Discovered" menu on XIQ-SE

From now on, I don't know if I missing something or doing something wrong :
I select my device to configure it, I choose its site and click on "Sync from Site" button to get the good parameters, I then go to "ZTP+ Device Settings" to configure an IP previously set to N/A ("Use Discovered" parameter is set to "Disabled" since the device IP stays to N/A when choosing any other parameter, which isn't really clear why to me)

Then, I save configuration and manually reboot my Switch (I also tried to wait for it to reboot). ZTP+ status change from Pending to Staged, and it's at this state things starts to become problematic.

From the Operations menu, I can see that the configuration gets stucked at 80%. (As shown on image below)

Configuration of ZTP device error.png

When I go to ZTP logging (from Administration > Diagnostics > Server > Server Log)

I can see the following logging message (I will also join a screenshot from the log message to this post) :

2024-08-29 11:14:45,913 ERROR [java.lang.Class] ManagementService is invalid value for enumeration com.extreme.common.ezconfig.configblocks.VlanConfigRole. Supported values are : OutOfBandMgmt, VLAN
2024-08-29 11:14:50,533 ERROR [java.lang.Class] ManagementService is invalid value for enumeration com.extreme.common.ezconfig.configblocks.VlanConfigRole. Supported values are : OutOfBandMgmt, VLAN
2024-08-29 11:14:50,537 ERROR [com.enterasys.netsight.server.webapps.monitor.ezConfig.ZtpPlusDeviceDispatcher] ZtpPlusDeviceDispatcher.doConfigurationPut:: java.lang.NullPointerException

By the way, I tried to set the parameter "Management Interface" in "ZTP+ Device Settings" from my ZTP configuration template both to "Out-Of-Band" and "Default", which didn't solve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

Correction to my prior post.

For your  specific issue it is addressed in 23.7.10 where ManagementService was added. In 24.7.10 a new service ManagementClip has been added. Essentially in both cases the switch is advertising a type that SE does not understand in the version of SE you are using.

Keeping up to date with SE as you're also upgrade / using more recent switch firmware is always advised.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Ludovico,

We are having a same problem with a new out of box 4220 running switchengine. Is there any advice you can offer there? We have upgraded firmware to latest available (32.7.1.9) while SE is running  Site Engine 24.7.10.52 

Logs are not very helpful:

Brent_Addis_0-1726047289648.png

We have a client Demo we are trying to prepare for and this is killing our scheduling. Our Extreme Networks SE out of Australia has been poking at it however he has not seen this problem before.

Happy to provide any information you might need so we can work this out.

-----
-Brent Addis / Extreme Black Belt #491

New to Extreme? Check out the Welcome series here - https://training.extremenetworks.com/welcome-series-1
Want to join the official Extreme learners discord? Let me know!

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

I suspect it's related to this: Solution: ZTP+ fails with VOSS 9.03+ firmware and XIQ-SE prior to 24.7.10 | Extreme Portal (site.com... 

23.4 is fairly old, VOSS 9.0.2 is fairly new. 

GTM-P2G8KFN