cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

XIQ was patched on 2/10/21 with added support for EXOS management interface settings!

Management Interface Settings can now be enabled for EXOS in policy switch templates. Within EXOS templates, DHCP client can be enabled for VLAN specified.

fc338e7b0ed94a2e8fdf3b23bc885349_31107a97-b172-416d-b2ec-9b7f5611606f.png

Management interface settings can also be enabled in the device level configuration. When enabled at the device level, a static IP, subnet mask, and GW can be defined for a specified VLAN.

fc338e7b0ed94a2e8fdf3b23bc885349_f41a7160-e973-404b-8fe7-837d0124af60.png

Existing EXOS devices onboarded to XIQ will continue to use manually configured management interface settings if template and device level management interface settings are set to disabled (which is the default setting).

IMPORTANT: Management interface settings for EXOS should be set to disabled when using EXOS Out-Of-Band Management interface.

NOTE:: If an EXOS switch is onboarded in a default state, XIQ will also bypass the EXOS CLI startup menu script during the first delta configuration update. EXOS auto-provision feature be cleaned up if a default switch also has Interface Management Settings enabled at the template or device level configuration.

Here is an example of a default switch delta push with management settings enabled at device level with static IP and GW defined on VLAN 222:

fc338e7b0ed94a2e8fdf3b23bc885349_b9e11f1a-593f-4c08-86aa-7fc29adf2406.png

4 Comments
w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I’m being told by GTAC that there was an ECIQ update last week. Do you have any release notes on that?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

@jnicholas  Any info on an ECIQ update last week?

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi John, I’ve been looking in to this for you but I’m not finding anything about an update last week. If you could send me the case number or name of the tech you spoke with, I can follow up with them to see what I find for you. 

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience while I looked in to this. The last XIQ release I see was on March 2nd, so I think there was some misunderstanding on your case. I took a look at your case and it looks like the fix you’re waiting on there should come out with the release currently scheduled for early April. Hope that helps!

GTM-P2G8KFN