Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP's not connecting to XIQ

AP's not connecting to XIQ

Kaspervtz
New Contributor

Hi all,

When switching from XIQ Pilot to Connect, the access points doesn't connect to the new XIQ.

Tried to login to the SSH portal of the AP305 and pinged to Google, which works.

'show adoption status' shows: 'Discovering adoption mode (controller / cloud / ws-controller)'

Waited for about 24h now..

Does anyone know what to do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

Ah I see, as it was an AP305C I expected it to be on IQ Engine firmware rather than WiNG. I’ve not tried this myself and not fully sure of the postive’s/negatives, but I think it would be better for the personality to be switched if you’re natively using XIQ.

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000091773&q=ap305c%20wing

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

if the AP has already a config from the cloud it will use the CLI password configured in “Global settings->Device Management Settings”. Try that password for you AP.

Regards Stephan

Kaspervtz
New Contributor

Thank you for your fast reply!

i followed the steps as describe. It looks like it's booted in HiveOs.

Ap is blinked white at the moment:

• White, Slow-blinking: The device has a CAPWAP connection to ExtremeCloud IQ, but is operating on 802.3af power instead of 802.3at power.

I'm not able to login with SSH anymore; default login should be admin/aerohive admin/Aerohive1 but both give errors.

I'll just wait for a couple of hours. maybe it wil connect automatically. 

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

as Ash Finsh wrote. It seem your AP is enrolled locally. Did you select “Deploy your device locally” during onboard in the connect account?

17bd6692ccff4980831504df9c95c35b_390f963a-b7dc-4e00-81ae-f8511061c6a3.png

If yes the AP uses the wing firmware. To use the AP with the cloud you have to use the guide “From WING to HiveOS” from Ash Finch’s link.

Regards Stephan

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

Ah I see, as it was an AP305C I expected it to be on IQ Engine firmware rather than WiNG. I’ve not tried this myself and not fully sure of the postive’s/negatives, but I think it would be better for the personality to be switched if you’re natively using XIQ.

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000091773&q=ap305c%20wing

GTM-P2G8KFN