cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ap245X versions

Ap245X versions

ej
New Contributor III

Hello, I’ve bought a Aerohive AP245X (new state) but I dont know how old the model are. It was delivered without antennas so I’m running it without antennas at the moment. I use 80 Hz, but I only make a speed of 150 Mgbit (my WAN link is 500/500. I just wonder if the speed will increase if I mount antennas on it or is the “low” speed that it is old. It is still possible to buy this accespont as a new in the store, so I just want to clear out if the reason is that this is a old model or not.

The firmware is up to date with the newest 10.0.10.2

Do any have any suggestion what to do to increase the speed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Well, it’s a few years old, but technically it’s still OK. It it end of sale since March ‘20 (so you can’t buy it brand new now) and will be end of life in March 2025.

Is 150 Mbit/s the practical speed during a speedtest? Depending on the end-system this is normal. If you only have one spatial stream you reach 433 Mbit/s theoretically.

And yes, I would recommend using antennas. 🙂

To finally answer your question clearly: No, the “low” speed isn’t a result of the age of an Access-Point. An Access-Point isn’t a human-being that stops performing well in high age.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ej
New Contributor III

OK, thank you for your reply. Is there any spesial with the Antenna from Aerohive, or can I use whatever antennas that fits and has 5Dbi?

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Well, it’s a few years old, but technically it’s still OK. It it end of sale since March ‘20 (so you can’t buy it brand new now) and will be end of life in March 2025.

Is 150 Mbit/s the practical speed during a speedtest? Depending on the end-system this is normal. If you only have one spatial stream you reach 433 Mbit/s theoretically.

And yes, I would recommend using antennas. 🙂

To finally answer your question clearly: No, the “low” speed isn’t a result of the age of an Access-Point. An Access-Point isn’t a human-being that stops performing well in high age.

GTM-P2G8KFN