Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP250 can't access my local network

AP250 can't access my local network

Wilfried
New Contributor

Hello everyone

I can't get the AP250 (which I got from my company) connected to my local Network.

I just want to use it as a 'dumb' (not routing, only as a bridged AP) AP connected to my fibermodem at home.

My modem uses DHCP for all the connected devices and I never have a problem to get devices connected, but the AP250 doesn't get an IP address (I can't see it in my allocated IP lease table). There are no firewall rules applied to the LAN ports (and as said other devices have no problem getting connected to my local network), so the LED on the AP250 never becomes white. It has been configured to use a DHCP address (not static).

At my work situation it is no problem to get it connected. The device has been reset and no longer been registered to my company though. I don't know what to do now.

Any help is welcome.

2 REPLIES 2

Wilfried
New Contributor

But the problem lies ahead and the solution is simple...

The non PoE ethernet port of the AP250 didn't function. I coincidentally found out when using the dataport on my PoE injector: Then I got finally connected. Then I checked the configuration (if the port was configured correctly using the configuration software: that was the case). So the port/hardware is broken...

At work the AP was connected to a network which is fed by PoE switches (so data and power using one cable).

Scott_Whall
Extreme Employee

Hello Wilfried - 

I didn't see a response yet, so reaching out now.  I'm assuming when the AP250 was connected to your work environment, it was also connected to the ExtremeCloud IQ instance.  This AP250 cannot run in stand-alone mode - it must talk to our Cloud servers to run.  If you do not have an Extreme Portal account or have created any ExtremeCloud IQ instances, you can register for a free version (Q A: What are the main limitations of XIQ Connect (freemium tier)? | Extreme Portal (site.com))

Hope this helps.

GTM-P2G8KFN