Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP305 extreme cloud iq

AP305 extreme cloud iq

El1
New Contributor
Hi,
I'm pretty new to the extreme products,
I just got an AP305 and when I wanted to set a wifi on it, it started to behave in a weird way.
First, after the configuration of the network policies I can't see the SSID I set up on my wifi list.
Then, when I tried to config the IP of my AP, it started to go offline.
I can't get the AP online on the extreme cloud IQ...
I tried to reset the AP by pushing on the reset button. It seemed to work but actually didn't.
the light turns orange and then start flashing in white + it is still offline, the device can't get a proper IP ( blocked on a 169.254.X.X address).
Also I tried to connect and disconnect it from my network. didn't work either.

Since my AP is offline I cant do anything with it.
I'd like to know how to make it appear online again, and how to make a working SSID...

thanks in advance for your kind help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi El, thanks for reaching out. This guide reviews all the steps you can take to manually connect an AP to XIQ, and how to troubleshoot for why an AP isn't connecting on it's own. As for why the SSID isn't broadcasting, that could be a number of different things. If you want to add me as an external user to your XIQ instance, I would be happy to take a look for you to see if anything jumps out at me. 

This guide reviews how to add an external admin to XIQ, you'll want to add me with the email spirok@extremenetworks.com. I'll also need to know your XIQ Organization name so I can find your XIQ instance in the list of instances I have access to. To find your Organization name, you'll want to log in to XIQ> Click on the silhouette icon in the top right corner> Global Settings> You'll land on the Account Details page, just scroll down on this page to the Organization Information section and you should see the Organization Name at the top of this section. Please also let me know what Network Policy/SSID Object you want me to look at for you. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi El, thanks for reaching out. This guide reviews all the steps you can take to manually connect an AP to XIQ, and how to troubleshoot for why an AP isn't connecting on it's own. As for why the SSID isn't broadcasting, that could be a number of different things. If you want to add me as an external user to your XIQ instance, I would be happy to take a look for you to see if anything jumps out at me. 

This guide reviews how to add an external admin to XIQ, you'll want to add me with the email spirok@extremenetworks.com. I'll also need to know your XIQ Organization name so I can find your XIQ instance in the list of instances I have access to. To find your Organization name, you'll want to log in to XIQ> Click on the silhouette icon in the top right corner> Global Settings> You'll land on the Account Details page, just scroll down on this page to the Organization Information section and you should see the Organization Name at the top of this section. Please also let me know what Network Policy/SSID Object you want me to look at for you. 
GTM-P2G8KFN