cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Serial Number

Release Serial Number

bswaby
New Contributor II
With the shortage of getting wireless access points, we have had to start purchasing used gear.    In that process, everything has gone great with the exception of 2 devices that look to be still attached to another redirector.   In the past, I have sent requests to communityhelp@aerohive.com and you have cleared this before, however that email doesn't seem to be working, so trying the community as others have done.  Attached you will find pics for the following devices.  Can provide receipts of the purchases we just made in Jan this year on these.

Aerohive 550
  Serial: 05501702280291
  eBay Order: 01/5/2022
Aerohive SR2208P
  Serial: 22081603230027
  eBay Order: 01/18/2022

19kyHZjVTbe21HYfzzKh_22081603230027.jpeg
MNMsryYqSzOTTdNI3FnA_05501702280291.jpeg
4 REPLIES 4

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @bswaby, good to hear from you again. The email alias that replaced communityhelp@aerohive.com is community@extremenetworks.com. I'm sorry for the confusion, please feel free to reach out to me any time at the new email address. ​

For your devices, I was able to find the old record for the AP250. That device is indeed still registered to a different user, we'll need to get their permission to remove the old records before we can transfer this device to you. I have reached out to the original owners now, I'll let you know as soon as we hear back on that device. 

For the 2208 switch, unfortunately I can't help you with this device and like Chris said, we'd need a case to help free up this device for you. These switches use a different registration database that I do not have access to. To submit a support case, you'll want to go to our Portal, and then the Support tab. Typically you need to have purchased support with Extreme to open a support case, but there are ways to pay for support on a case by case basis as well. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions, hope this helps!

bswaby
New Contributor II
Really appreciate the help and direction on this Sam.  I have opened a case with GTAK (02549130) on the 2208.

ChrisS2
Extreme Employee
Hey there,

Its quite an involved process to resolve these particular requests and would be best suited to be resolved via a GTAC case. Do you have the ability to open a case with the GTAC support team?

bswaby
New Contributor II

It use to be a simple process through email, which was really easy and fast. Sounds like that process is a little more difficult now based on your response.  In regards to GTAC, we have never had to use it so the process is new to us and not sure what's all involved or what is required to open a case.  

Do you have any suggestions on opening a GTAC case and what requirements we must meet?

GTM-P2G8KFN