Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP305C WiFi6 best practice

AP305C WiFi6 best practice

Naza783
New Contributor

Dear Community,

We just got a couple of AP305C with the idea of start replacing the dozen of AP230 we have around our concrete building, and was wondering if you can give me some advice in regards to WiFi6 best practices or recommended configuration for our new AP305C, we are putting great hope that these devices will start coping with the extra-load of clients that we have, but so far there has not even a massive improvement, and I don't even know if WiFi6 is actually enable on them! I can see on the Extreme IQ portal that they have the radio mode 11-ax-5g, and using the default template for 305C, so I guess WiFi6 is enable. 

Would be great to know what settings would you recommend as best practice for their Radio Profile

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Jonas3
Contributor

ap230 is a 3x3:3 access point and ap305c is a 2x2:2 access point. So it is a less performing ap. Off course you have the Wi-Fi 6 advantage. AP410c was a better replacement of the ap230 I think.

but we see if the performance is not ok, it it mostly a bad configured ap. I would recommend to disable data rates less then 12Mbps on the ssid's (or you must be using very old clients). And also have a look to your power levels. Depending on the design but mostly 14dbm is the max we use. And also try to the clients on the 5Ghz.

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

@Jonas3 wrote:

ap230 is a 3x3:3 access point and ap305c is a 2x2:2 access point. So it is a less performing ap.

Given that most WiFi-Clients are 2x2 I wouldn't agree here in general.

I would recommend to disable data rates less then 12Mbps on the ssid's (or you must be using very old clients).

Good Idea! I even set it to 24 Mbps, most of the time. 

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Not sure about the default settings, but you could check if OFDMA and MU-MIMO is enabled. 

GTM-P2G8KFN