cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP650s led flashing white

AP650s led flashing white

mmandeville
New Contributor

(Okay, that search feature in the Title field is AWESOME...)

That said, I can’t find any explanation as to why the AP650 flashes on and off, white, for approximately one second. I’ve seen four in our building (covering the same library space) that are doing this. Everything seems to be working fine so I’m tempted to leave well enough alone, but noticed it while troubleshooting a connection issue this morning.

Can anyone point me to the documentation I missed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

The status light conveys operational states for system power, firmware updates, Ethernet and wireless interface activity, and major alarms. The AP510C and AP510CX have a status light on the top corner of the chassis. At setup, this light cycles through the following sequence:

• Steady Amber: The device is initializing.
  • Slow-blinking White: The device is receiving 802.3af power, instead of 802.3at power.
  • Fast-blinking White: The device is looking for a mesh neighbor from which to obtain a password.
  • Slow-blinking Amber (AF power mode only): The device is attempting to establish a connection or has established a CAPWAP connection with ExtremeCloud IQ.
  • Fast-blinking Amber: The device is performing a IQ Engine or ExtremeCloud IQ upgrade.
  • Steady White: The device has successfully established a CAPWAP connection and is operating normally.

http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/hardware/ap/ap650-ap650x.htm

I’d check you’re running LLDP at the switch (use “show lldp neighbor” command on the AP also to see the power requested/actual values) and that the AP is on PoE+ (show system power status)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mmandeville
New Contributor

Thank you! I neglected to search for AP510C.

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

The status light conveys operational states for system power, firmware updates, Ethernet and wireless interface activity, and major alarms. The AP510C and AP510CX have a status light on the top corner of the chassis. At setup, this light cycles through the following sequence:

• Steady Amber: The device is initializing.
  • Slow-blinking White: The device is receiving 802.3af power, instead of 802.3at power.
  • Fast-blinking White: The device is looking for a mesh neighbor from which to obtain a password.
  • Slow-blinking Amber (AF power mode only): The device is attempting to establish a connection or has established a CAPWAP connection with ExtremeCloud IQ.
  • Fast-blinking Amber: The device is performing a IQ Engine or ExtremeCloud IQ upgrade.
  • Steady White: The device has successfully established a CAPWAP connection and is operating normally.

http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/hardware/ap/ap650-ap650x.htm

I’d check you’re running LLDP at the switch (use “show lldp neighbor” command on the AP also to see the power requested/actual values) and that the AP is on PoE+ (show system power status)

GTM-P2G8KFN